FRESHWATER TO BE BASED ON MODERN URBAN DESIGN AND PLACE-MAKING PRINCIPLES: –
- Assisting with maintaining and developing sustainable village centres serving the local community for Freshwater and nearby threshold suburbs such as Queenscliff, North Manly, and Curl Curl.
- Drawing upon Freshwater’s unique character, heritage and history to celebrate and enhance its institutions and its image.
- Maximising opportunities for pedestrians, motor vehicles, public transport, and cyclists to move safely around and through the community.
- Reducing adverse parking and traffic impacts in Freshwater Village, Beach Reserves and neighbouring streets.
- Creating and maintaining a network of public open spaces and facilities to service the needs of the community.
- Consolidating the Sydney Coastal Walk and its loop linkages as they pass through Freshwater from Palm Beach to Manly
- Providing state-of the art, culturally sensitive, high quality, place-making and integrated urban design, with emphasis on amenity, safety and security.
- Evaluate major development applications in Freshwater to ensure that they adhere to both the Local Environment Plan and other local planning instruments.
- Restoring the natural environment and amenity of Freshwater’s coastal reserves.
- Working with the three tiers of government to support the progress of community projects specific to Freshwater.